Sunday 1 September 2013

"Unplugged" for the Summer



At our last staff meeting at the end of June everyone chose a trinket out of a box I had collected. Tape, toy cars, paper lips, whiteout, candles, matches and other everyday items were in the box. We went around and shared why we had chosen each item. It was a great exercise and offered a glimpse into the lives of our colleagues. I chose an Internet cable and said I was unplugging from the computer for the summer as much as possible.

Well I did it. If you check my twitter timeline you will see from July to the end of August it is practically nonexistent. The same goes for this blog.

There are a few ways to look at this:

  1. It is a good way to relax and charge your batteries and get ready for the next school year.
  2. You could miss something important and/or a great idea while you are 'unplugged'.


I have determined that after this past summer I am more ready to come back to school energised and better off with this break.

I'd be interested to know if anyone has any thoughts or ideas on this.

Do you see the benefits of taking a step away when you are off for the summer?

Or.....

Do you find your vacation an excellent time to catch up on all the great things that are going on out there?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Tim

    I actually became more pluged in especially in August. It was great to have the time to read blog posts that I had to delete during the year. I learned a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is whenever you have the time and your mind is into it. Everyone is different and needs that time to unplug. Whenever that time is for them.. Thanks for the comment Paul!

    ReplyDelete